Tuesday, February 18, 2003

More Dipped Figures

Here's a few more samples of my dipped figures:


In the two pictures on the left (Heller plastic Marines), the four figures on the left are dipped with Royal Walnut and the four on the right with Tudor. This was done as a test. Both work well, but the Walnut left a brownish cast to the colors while the Tudor simply darkened them (to my eyes, anyway). On the right are some Egyptian PT-76s, unfinished. The straight Tudor darkend the colors on the microarmor too much for me. I'll probably use some thinned Tudor on the next batch.


By the way, if you look closely at the leftmost picture, the third Marine from the left (standing, firing to the right) actually has a fair bit of his left leg that was missed when I applied the dip, so you can get a bit of before and after with that.






Small | Large






Small | Large






Small | Large


No comments:

Post a Comment