Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Galaxy Trucker


I picked up Galaxy Trucker the other day. It was a bit pricey, but it sounded like a lot of fun and we've been playing more board games lately, so I sprung for it. I ran it through the intro with Mik...and, honestly, I was thinking I might have wasted my money. I just didn't quite see the real fun in it. I persevered, though, and we played it with several other friends this weekend. It was a blast! Everybody had a lot of fun with it, including me. A lot of it just had to do with playing it a few times and getting the hang of it. Anyway, now I'll have to get the Big Expansion, which lets you play with five players, and includes some new components (and a new alien!)

1 comment:

  1. Galaxy Trucker was pretty much pure win. I think the main key lies in reading the rules first inside and out. Once we grasped the basic concepts, it was challenging, fun, and addictive. The Big Expansion looks good for the secret, player-inserted hazards into the deck too.
    I loved GT, it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete