Monday, August 8, 2011

Skullcracker Bird

ShadowSea Skullcracker Bird
Skullcracker Bird, a photo by The Gonk on Flickr.
I just finished up my ShadowSea Skullcracker Bird. Technically a fantasy model, he'll probably serve as a pseudo-historical albeit anachronistic Terror Bird in some prehistoric games with Number One Son. It's a nice resin model, and to stabilize it I mounted it on some plasticard (a For Sale sign from the local hardware store). It's surprisingly light, although thick enough everywhere that it seems durable. The paint scheme is loosely based on the snake eating Roadrunner, but I turned his flaring crown feathers into a display. Speaking of resin models, I spent the weekend in Memphis with my wife for our sixteenth wedding anniversary. My mom watched the kids in the evenings so that my wife and I could celebrate, but during the day I took Number One Son to the Games Workshop Battle Bunker.

It's an interesting place to visit, and made me feel extremely old looking through their "archive" display, most of which I've seen on store shelves. Anyway, I randomly looked through the Finecast blisters, and frankly, the casting looked perfect to me. There was a lot of the extremely thin flash, but that's trivial to remove. I saw no pits or miscasts at all. Still don't plan on buying any, though...

You know, I spent a lot of time on this base for it not to show up any better in my overexposed photographs...oh well, can't be bothered doing it over.

ShadowSea Skullcracker BirdShadowSea Skullcracker BirdShadowSea Skullcracker BirdShadowSea Skullcracker BirdShadowSea Skullcracker BirdShadowSea Skullcracker BirdShadowSea Skullcracker BirdShadowSea Skullcracker Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment