Thursday, February 2, 2012

The First Time is Always the Best

Number One Son's First Character Sheet
1st Character, a photo by The Gonk on Flickr.
So Number One Son wasn't really fooling about creating his first character. I came in last night with the Pathfinder Bestiary, as our local semi-FLGS, Nord's Games, is going out of business and blowing out their stock at 40% off. As soon as I walk in the door, he launches into a torrent about his character.

"He's got an 18 Strength and a 16 Dexterity!"

"Wow!"

"And I found some armor that gave me +9 so I have an Armor Class of 19!"

"Really! You were able to afford that with your starting money?"

Big grin. "Weeeeeeeellll..."

Tonight we sat down and went over his character together. He made an Neutral Elf Fighter named Legolas. 18 STR, 14 DEX, 15 CON, 13 INT, 13 WIS, 12 CHA. Not bad! Legolas likes to shoot his bow from a horse, so he usually wields a short bow, but he also has a long sword. He's armored with splint mail, and owns a horse.

His character history reads, "I'm a spy for the three Elven Kings. My father was a good lawful person. A war is going on with the humans and the dwarves. I'm an Elf general."

"Can I create another character and give Legolas all his stuff?"

LOL, "No!"

I asked him what kind of place he'd like to play in-- snow, forest, dungeon, desert, etc...? "I want to go all over! Maybe I could take a ship, and it could wreck and I would be shipwrecked on an island, and find a temple full of goblins or something!" Sounds like fun!

We also have the Two Towers queued up to watch on the weekend. I'm going to have to get the movie soundtracks to play as background music when we roleplay.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your exploration of Fantasy RPG-ing with your son, Andy! Sounds like you may be a very busy Dad/GM...

    ReplyDelete