Thursday, December 19, 2002

Devil Dog Design Pictures

My Devil Dog Design minis came today. I tooks some quick pics of my airborne pack.


Here are some pics showing how I based them, choosing not to use the slotabase system. I cut the tab off and pinned a brass rod up one or both legs. On the running poses, to provide some extra strength, I pinned all the way up to the knee. The pins were epoxied to some sheet styrene, which had holess drilled into for the epoxy on the 3/4" fender washer base to grab hold of. This was a long, irritating process. The table clutter is actually supporting two of the minis while the epoxy cures; notice the odd mechanism of blue tac on the side of a bottle.

Small | Large


Small | Large


Here's the first one I painted up as a sample to choose some satisfactory colors. I didn't choose a very green secondary color, because in distant pictures, you don't see any green, the two colors are very close. I painted the helmet first, and chose two similar colors that gave the appearance I was looking for. However, when I went to paint the rest of the mini, I just couldn't tell the two apart anymore! Anyway, I think it looks pretty good. I'll work on the camo colors on the next one, maybe redo the tan for the boots, camelbak and gloves. As you can see, he's a member of the 82nd.

Small | Large


Small | Large


Small | Large

No comments:

Post a Comment