Sunday, December 22, 2002

My First Miniature

Well, after several on-again off-again attempts, I took my first miniature from raw sculpt to successfully finished casting.


Previously, I have had a mini of mine cast, the Dwarvish gladiator from VIP #1. However, I've never been able to satisfactorily make my own mold and cast it. I think this was primarily due to my selection of a very malleable RTV that made vents difficult to cut and made the pressure of holding the mold together during casting deform the mold. The latest RTV I picked up, though, was very firm. I was able to cut vents relatively easily, and used rubber bands alone to hold the mold together while casting. Here is the finished project:

Small | Large
What is it? I don't know. I was actually working on something else that hasn't turned out so well so far, and this was just something I worked the extra putty into, sort of stream of consciousness. You can see the tip at the top didn't quite cast that well, but no big deal to me, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment