Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blood Bowl!

In a real blast from the past, Mik and I played a game of Blood Bowl last night. His Chaos beat my Humans 1-0. It was a great game. I really had forgotten what a fun, great game Blood Bowl is. We're starting up a league.
You may be aware of FUMBBL-- I finally got around to registering for it and plan on playing some games there. What you may not be aware of-- in fact, you definitely aren't aware of it unless you're one of about ten or so people who have very great memories-- is that I was one of the first people to play Blood Bowl online. I started getting guys from the old Blood Bowl mailing list to play via IRC. This is probably 10 or so years ago. I made irc.icx.net-- long gone, but there are still references to it hanging around-- and wrote a chat bot called NuffleBot to roll dice for us. There were no graphics, I had my board out next to the computer with both teams on it, like old school chess, and would relay the changes to my opponent. "#12 from E4 to J1" or whatever. Ah, the good ol' days!! Talk about just like old times...Mik caught me in an Illegal Procedure, and I forgot to use my Apothecary!
Did I tell you about taking 3rd place in the '95 UK Games Day? I'm in two issues of White Dwarf... Didja see my stunty Gutter Runner? Huh? Didja huh?
Update: Here you go, old school. That looks like almost 15 years old...man, I'm old.

No comments:

Post a Comment