Saturday, December 4, 2010

Used Books


Used Books
Originally uploaded by The Gonk
Scored some interesting used books over the Thanksgiving holiday. The local book store there sells both new and used books, which I thought was a pretty clever way of cutting down on the competition. Anyway, I found these and got them at less than half the Amazon price. Combat Jump and Beyond the Beachhead both had very high reviews. I thought Combat Jump might be useful reading as I already had WW2 US Paratroopers, and didn't know a lot of the detail of their jumps into Sicily. I was particularly interested in Beyond the Beachhead, the story of the 29th Division in Normandy. I'm about halfway through it right now. It's very readable and I'm enjoying it. I never caught on that their blue and grey insignia was a reference to the American Civil War. The more you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment