Tuesday, January 17, 2006

More Hirst Pieces Completed


More pictures of my finished Hirst starship pieces. I wouldn't have thought so, but it's more trouble to paint these things than to actually cast them.



I pretty much followed Bruce's instructions here and here. It pretty much means four coats of spray paint. I'm painting pieces that are already mostly white, and I think on one or two I lost track of which had been flipped over and either missed them or flipped them over and only painted on one side. It's not too bad, though. The end effect is pretty good, and I really like the plate/carpet transition pieces, although I'm not too sure about the carpeted halls.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work.
    I like the look of the "carpeting", but made the assumption that it was in fact open decking leading to a lower level.

    ReplyDelete