Saturday, July 25, 2009

Moving the Blog

It's well past due, but the time has come for me to move this blog to something with a little better performance. I have hosted it on my own Linux box since 2002, and it was an old piece of scrap then. I had a few choices. I could have bought a beefier server to install it on, and have come close a few time. But, even if I don't buy top of the line, that's a few hundred dollars that don't go towards miniatures, so, you know, that's a negative. I could have hosted a virtual server on our family's more modern Windows XP machine, but I think that's going to be more trouble than it's worth, plus I'm still hosting it out of my house. I could pay for a hosting service on the Internet (and still might), but right now the easiest option seems to simply move the blog content to a new service. So that's what I'm going to do. The new home will be http://littleleadheroes.wordpress.com (currently working to move it over), but don't change your links just yet. It may still move somewhere else, but I will always be pointing http://www.littleleadheroes.com/ at the current location. The gallery will reside on the old server at www2.littleleadheroes.com for a while longer...I'm not seeing an easy way to move my large image gallery easily while correcting all the old links in all the old blog entries. But, I may work on it over the next few weeks and see what I can come up with.

2 comments:

  1. I liked your new blog better when Mik's Minis was the only thing on the blog roll...


    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm moving them over manually. It's kind of a slow process.

    ReplyDelete